Learn more by calling
Features and Benefits
The most obvious benefit to thin computing is the cost savings. The development and protection of a complete in house computer network structure is extremely costly. Below is a list of the most obvious cost saving points.
- The total cost of ownership will come down in terms of investment. No need to purchase or upgrade server hardware, expensive desktops are not needed.
- Support costs will fall in terms of administration, large reduction of hours to run and maintain network.
- Software updates and additions are done on a central server. No need to do desktop upgrades.
- Reduced software costs of Microsoft Office suites and licensing.
- Reduce or eliminate office space.
- Improve business efficiency and scalability.
Bloor Research (http://www.bloor-research.com) shows that Deploying thin client technology across enterprises can cut costs by up to 70%.
- Thin clients can be designed so that no application data ever resides on the client (just whatever is displayed).
- Enterprise class malware, virus protection and firewalls.
- Central servers located in a high security data center. 24/7 guarded access with video surveillance.
- Nightly data backups.
- No data loss due to theft of thin client systems such as laptops, netbooks and desktops.
- Redundant Enterprise servers housed in a Tier 3 data center.
- Thin clients have no moving parts or fans and are far more reliable. Resulting in a better MTBF (meantime between failure) compared to a normal PC. Reported average thin client MTBF is about 175,000 hours, compared to 25,000 hours for PCs.
- Replacing failed desktops is a simple plug and play procedure. No need to spend hours on installing software on a new desktop.
- Controlled user experience. Users are prevented from making critical system changes resulting in downtime.
- User issues can be resolved centrally without the need for an on site technician.
- Expanding enterprises, businesses and organisations can rapidly deploying thin client systems.
- Remote offices or new retail outlets can be setup and ready to go in minutes.
- Central servers can easily scale up or down to your usage needs.
Remote access anywhere in the world
- Users can access their data and applications anywhere at anytime.
- Non platform-specific, users can access from XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux, BlackBerry, Smart Phone.
- Ensured business continuity with disaster preparedness such as a flu pandemic or severe weather.
- Employee teleworking options with all critical data residing on the central servers.
Lower carbon footprint, It's Greener!
- Thin clients consume much less electricity.
- Reduced travel to the office by implementing teleworking days and improve employee moral.
- Thin clients take up much less space and can last 7 times longer than PCs.